Thursday, August 18, 2011

A zombie with a parasite

Today I feel like total crap.  I'm ridiculously tired on top of being ridiculously tired of being pregnant.  Last night and up until now I've slept in intervals of 2.5 hours and have been up for hours in between.  I'm finding it very hard to function... I guess this is a glimpse of what early motherhood will be like, but the kicker is that I don't yet have the baby... Right now, all I have is this massive belly that is clearly and quite literally sucking the life out of me.

To say I'm grumpy and cranky would be a massive understatement.  I'm feeling a bit like a prisoner too... I want to get out and do things (and even want to do things at home) but I can barely keep transitioning from the couch to the bed and back.  I'm so damn sleepy and sore.  And on top of that, I'm still working... Not more than a few hours a day, but I'm working and that's becoming increasingly challenging when I have days like today where I feel brain dead.  It's fine on days when I'm feeling good... It's a nice distraction... But today I want nothing more than to lie around like the zombie I feel like...

I know that labor and delivery is not going to be fun, but at the end, at least I will have a sweet little baby to care for and I will feel like the tiredness and discomfort is serving a purpose... Now it just feels like the icing on the cake of an already challenging pregnancy.  Oh, and did I mention, I hate cake (and I don't really like icing either).

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mama Byrd. Maybe only 9 days to go. Maybe sooner. If you haven't delivered by your due date, may Andy and I take you and Brian to a Chinese restaurant on Saturday the 27th? It worked for H!

    ReplyDelete