Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Sorry Baby

Dear Baby Byrd Greene,

I wanted my very first post to be a letter to you... Let me start by saying that you are very much wanted and very much loved.  I am grateful to be having you and want nothing but the best for you.  This blog is in no way a reflection of how I feel about you, but more a place for me to vent about the many changes that are happening to me, my body and my life.  Despite what many books and blogs say, pregnancy is not all sunshine and roses.  You'll understand when you're older. 

I also feel like it's my duty as a woman to let other women know that pregnancy is no walk in the park... I don't know if women have been hiding pregnancy side effects from each other for years thinking that if others knew, the human race would cease to exist or what the deal is, but baby, I went through my first 30 years of life having NO IDEA how challenging pregnancy could be.  In the movies and on TV it looks so nice and easy.  You get an adorable round belly, people are super nice to you, you get foot massages and special yoga classes... It looks quite easy and then you have an adorable pink baby!  I know that there are some women who are lucky enough to have real life pregnancies like that, but as you may have guessed, I'm not one of those lucky ladies... 

I know that when you arrive, all of these terrible months of suffering will be forgotten as I ooh and ahh over how adorable you are...

But for now, and for the rest of this blog, it's not about you... it's about me.

I hope you understand.

Love,
Mama Byrd Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment