Friday, May 13, 2011

Today Sucks

Today has sucked since the very moment I opened my eyes.  I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible stomach ache.  I lied there and hoped it would go away, but it didn't... I decided to chug some Maalox... No dice, didn't help... At around 5 I decided to eat some cheerios thinking that maybe I was hungry.  I fell back asleep at around 7 and I slept until 9.  I woke up and decided to make myself a healthy breakfast... 1 egg, cheese, toast.  My stomach still wasn't feeling well, but I choked it down and decided to get ready for work.  I got showered and dressed and decided to get going... Oh wait, what's that?  Oh yes, puke in my mouth, great!  I RUN to the kitchen and puke up all my eggs and toast... I had gone almost two whole weeks without getting sick and there you have it... I start sweating and crying and then realize that I'm clogging the sink so I run to the toilet where I finish up my puke session.  This was a particularly horrific puke session... Cheerios, eggs, toast, orange juice... NASTY!

I email work to tell them I will be late and begin cleaning up the mess I made... I actually had to stick my hand in the backed up sink filled with puke to clean it... SICK!

I start walking to the subway... The commute takes me longer than usual because I can't stop crying... I want to... there's nothing wrong with me, but, I just can't.

I get to work feeling like death warmed over and one of my colleagues comes by and asks if I want anything because she's running to the store.  I immediately burst into tears and begin uncontrollably crying at my desk to the point where I'm heaving... did I mention that this client has an open office plan?  So I am crying in front of everyone.  AWESOME!  That's not at all embarrassing - pregnant, hormonal, crying, look like death...

My colleague comes back with a bialy with cream cheese and apple juice and a ginger ale.  I eat the bialy and begin to feel a bit better.  I am on the verge of tears for about another hour, not talking to anyone for fear of crying... Finally, I start to feel ok... I take a kytril and a B6 and get to work...

Oh, and did I mention that I am supposed to go to a gala tonight at the NY Public Library.  Yeah, my client paid $150 for me to attend The Manhattan Cocktail Classic gala event.  One of my clients is a sponsor and while it sucks that I can't drink, I was still planning to attend to see all my industry peeps and get all dressed up.  I haven't seen anyone since last year since my bar days have been few and far between.

Well, now I'm hungry again and don't know what to eat.  I've already puked up eggs today... it doesn't really get more basic than that!  I can't eat my staple PBJ... I'm munching on a banana but starting to get a headache...

I really want to go to this thing tonight but don't know what to do... All that crying took a toll on me and I feel really drained.  This day deserves a happy ending, but I just don't know if I can make it... I may try and take a nap and then try to go since it doesn't start until 9pm...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment