Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Hopes

I had big hopes for today... I wanted to run a bunch of errands, go shopping, take care of baby furniture, etc... Well, that was before my crappy night sleep.  I slept about 6 hours in total and have been pretty exhausted all day.  I tried falling back asleep but nothing would work.  On top of that, we pretty much ran out of groceries so I just munched on cheerios all morning.  After my husband went to the gym we got ready to start our day.  Despite being exhausted, I wanted to get something accomplished today, especially because it was a beautiful day outside.  We set off on our errands and decided to go out for lunch first. 

Man, what a windy (but nice day).  As we walked across town (probably a little too quickly because we were both hungry), that familiar feeling came back... nausea... Uh oh, I'm gonna puke.  We "pull over" on 57th street and I start booting... It was pretty gross with the wind... it was flying everywhere!  How embarassing!  My hubby ran into the Morton Williams supermarket and stole a shopping bag so that I could salvage a bit of dignity and not just puke directly on the street.  People were looking at me like I was nuts and my husband was explaining... she's pregnant, she's pregnant... everything's ok... After I got the offending stomach acid out of my system we carried on to our lunch destination where I had a tuna melt and started to feel better.  Our next stop was Elizabeth Arden to meet up with my dad who was going to join us on a bunch of our errands.  We then moved on to Destination Maternity where I returned some too long leggings and tried to pick up some additional clothes with no luck - nothing fit... My dad and hubby were troopers... We were in the store for a while and they were patient.  Luckily Destination Maternity has a section for men that includes a TV, computers, etc... It's pretty convenient for the ladies.

My ambitious plans were pretty much destroyed... After Destination Maternity we went home... I didn't get to buy baby furniture, new shoes for my now wider feet, or anything... Instead, I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up my registry, making changes to it, reading online reviews of things that looked good in the store but I knew nothing about... I also started a new registry on diapers.com... I like that they offer free shipping and I will get a 10% completion discount once the baby is born... that should come in handy when I realize all the additional things I need once the baby is actually born...  Having them delivered (for free) to our apartment (with a 10% discount) will be much easier than running out with a newborn! The diapers.com registry has a lot of duplicate items from my Buy Buy Baby registry and also some additional things that Buy Buy Baby didn't have... I just figured it was good to have more than one store option to add things...

Now I'm just completely exhausted and counting the minutes until it's respectable to go to bed... 8 or 9pm should do...

1 comment:

  1. hey ... it's funny, i'm 21 weeks pregnant, working full-time in NYC, and having a lot of the same persistent miseries. still nauseous? yes. still puking? naturally. i love the outcome (this is my second baby), but the process is rough to say the least. anyway, wanted to point you to amazonmom.com - i used diapers.com with my first and it was great, but my sister swears amazonmom is cheaper for the ongoing diaper needs. hope today is a 'good' one!

    ReplyDelete